Vacation Mission Accomplished!

Here's the view from where I am sitting at 7:00 AM on Friday morning, July 13, the last day of vacation here in Chery Grove.  It has been a great week of both rest and productivity, each day thoroughly enjoyable and not a single day wasted.  We are heading home today ready to start taking on the tasks of ministry with renewed sense of confidence that God is working out His purposes for the days ahead in and through me.

But this morning I am looking back over this week and thanking God for all that He has allowed me to do:
  • Fished in the surf - caught 7
  • Wrote 2 songs!
  • Read a book by Stephen Ben DeNoon, "Yam Suf" (Hebrew for "Red Sea" or "Reed Sea")
  • Played tennis with my brothers-in-law
  • Watched Wimbledon tennis
  • Watched Chery Grove Pier fireworks on the 4th
  • Watched a good movie called "I Am David"
  • Rode the golf cart and scooters with Julie everyday
  • Prayer-walked the beach with Julie
  • Attended a prayer-gathering with some friends on the Sabbath 
  • Ate at Calabash
  • Made boiled peanuts
  • Slept in the rope hammock
  • Wrote a blog (this one!)
Mission accomplished! We will start packing up this morning.  But to top it all off, God answered a huge prayer in providing a buyer for my parents home in Cordova!  The contract is in the works and we could be closing in August.  Praise the Father for all of HIs many blessings.  I continue to miss my parents and will actually miss going to their home each week keeping up the place.  That has been part of my grief process, just being in their home where they lived for 34 years and thinking back on the memories there in that beautiful place.  Thank you, Jesus, You have led me beside still waters and You have restored my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persecution of the Church Begins By Teaching That All Church-Goers Are The Church

D.S. al Coda is Back!

The Greatest War Hero of All Time