Victory is Mine!


1 Corinthians 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
In watching the Olympics we have witnessed incredible human physical accomplishments.  Every one of these athletes know that they have a small window of opportunity to compete in games that come around only every four years.  I will never forget exactly 20 years ago when Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the knee by a hit man ultimately connected to skating competitor Tonya Harding just prior to the Olympics in Lillehamer.   I had just recovered from vocal surgery in November of 1993 and I saw the video of Nancy Kerrigan on the floor crying out, “Why, why?  Skating is my life!”   That struck me so much because I thought , “Don’t say anything that you can do with your physical body is your life.”  I remember flippantly saying in college, “Music is my life.”  And I came very close to losing the ability to ever sing again.  But through the vocal surgery experience I had a peace in my heart because Jesus was there with me,  and I knew that He was my life and that He could never be taken away from me like so many physical things can. 

So I know that no matter what comes, we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!  I know that He has already given me the victory over sin and death and Hell.  And He has given me victory over the enemy Satan who wants to tear down, discourage, belittle, rob, ruin, stomp on and destroy my life.  I have the victory!  I have the victory! 
 
Yes, we want to give our very best in everything we do, but it is not for a crown or a medal that will not last, but our desire is to hear Him say of us, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant!”
 
1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 25:21  His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persecution of the Church Begins By Teaching That All Church-Goers Are The Church

D.S. al Coda is Back!

The Greatest War Hero of All Time