Mothers and the Life Within


Have you ever seen a pregnant woman holding a "My Body My Choice" sign?  I searched for one to no avail. Today is Mother's Day in America!  What better day to write and pray about the sanctity of human life inside a mother-to-be? Countless pro-life articles have been written to try and combat the pro-abortion policies of the liberal left.  The technological advances over the past 50 years have no doubt played a part in the shift of belief about when life begins.  Improvements in ultrasound and facts surrounding the development of a baby in the womb have steadily supported the inhuman violence inflicted upon the unborn as being the killing of a human soul.  

The "my body my choice my rights" argument has lost its punch as it has become more evident that the rights of one of the two (or more) bodies involved in this issue are being ignored.

I would like to add yet another Biblical stance as to why the baby in the womb should be protected as a soul having life.  We know Psalm 139:13-16 which says, 

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

But there is more to the "heartbeat bill" which seeks to establish that life has taken on a much more human trait once a human heart is beating in the chest of an unborn baby.  What is a beating heart doing? It is pumping blood through the veins, arteries, and tiny capillaries of a living person.  Leviticus 17:11 says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood."

Blood is sacred unto our Creator.  "Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin." (Hebrews 9:22)  Just as the blood of an innocent lamb could pay the atonement price for the sins of the Children of Israel, it is the precious blood of our Savior that can pay the price for the sins of the world for those who believe and repent!

But the verses before and after that which says, "the life of the flesh is in the blood" give an even deeper understanding of the way we are to treat the blood in a living creation of the Father:

Leviticus 17:10 If anyone from the house of Israel or a foreigner living among them eats any blood, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from among his people. 11For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul. 12Therefore I say to the Israelites, ‘None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner living among you eat blood.’…

A fetus will have a heartbeat at 6 1/2 to 7 weeks after conception but has been detected as early as 5 1/2 to 6 weeks. Blood cells begin developing in the 5th week of pregnancy.  Where there is blood there is life!  Blood is one of the unifying identifiers for all living creatures.  The average adult has about 1.2 to 1.5 gallons of blood flowing throughout the body.  A newborn baby has about 1 cup of blood.  A baby in the womb has 89 to 105 ML per kilogram of body weight.  That means that a 1-pound baby in the womb has about 43 ML of blood which is only about 2 tablespoons. But where there is blood, there is life!

The upcoming Supreme Court ruling, if it is ratified, will simply dismiss the federal protection for abortion as a constitutional right.  But it will leave it up to individual states to determine the legality of abortion.  I pray that South Carolina will be one of the few states that will protect the life of every red-blooded American (or any nationality!) living inside a mother's womb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persecution of the Church Begins By Teaching That All Church-Goers Are The Church

D.S. al Coda is Back!

The Greatest War Hero of All Time