“Music is My Life!” Really?

Everybody wants to find something in life they are really good at.  And when we do, the temptation is there to let that talent or that ability become our focus in life.  This is where Satan trips us up because he wants us to become idolaters who will put anything ahead of God.  Satan has no problem with you having God “in your life.”  He just wants to make sure that God is not #1 in your life!

I came across this testimonial by a young lady about the impact that music has had on her life.  I am thrilled that music can be used for such a powerful motivation in a person’s life.  But what if God was actually first place in her life?  If so, I believe she would find that God’s gift of music, while being a tremendous blessing and tool in her life, is not the source of her joy in life, God’s Salvation is the source of her joy.  Your source for abundant living must be something that you will never lose or cannot be taken away from you.  Musical talent will fade or can be taken in a single accident or sickness.  Once you surrender your life to Jesus, that relationship is permanent for eternity!

Here is the power of music:

When I joined band I never knew how drastically it could change my life.
Music gave me the energy and motivation to get involved with other sports. It helped me realize that I could have a better and healthier lifestyle. Music made me start dancing, without caring who was watching.  Before I started high school, I was shy, quiet, and unnoticed. When I joined band, I changed. I became a better, more outgoing person.  Music is the one thing in my life that makes sense and is a huge part of my life. Music is, and always will be my life, my soul, my greatest achievement, and my passion.

Here is the power of the Holy Spirit:

When I became a follower of Jesus Christ I never knew how drastically it could change my life.
Jesus gave me the energy and motivation to get involved with what really matters in this life. God’s Word helped me realize that I could have a better and healthier lifestyle. The Holy Spirit in me made me start dancing, without caring who was watching.  Before I started high school, I was shy, quiet, and unnoticed. When I trusted in Jesus, I changed. I became a better, more outgoing person.  My personal relationship with God is the one thing in my life that makes sense and is a huge part of my life. Jesus is, and always will be my life, my soul, my greatest achievement, and my passion.  And I am so thankful to God for His gift of music in my life to express my joy in Him!

Joyfully Yours,
Dan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persecution of the Church Begins By Teaching That All Church-Goers Are The Church

D.S. al Coda is Back!

The Greatest War Hero of All Time